Sunshine Disposal & Recycling is an experienced provider of comprehensive solid waste, recycling, and site services within Washington and Idaho. Sunshine provides services to its customers within many lines of business including residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets. Our scope of service includes solid waste and recycling collection, transfer stations, recycling facilities and some affiliated site services.
The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day operations of our services and facilities currently serving the following Counties within the area of responsibility: State of Washington: Ferry, Stevens and northern portion of Spokane.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The District Manager is responsible for leading one of the Company’s Business Units and other duties may be assigned and required.
- Manage the day-to-day operations within the area of responsibility: inclusive of all operational processes as well as employee supervision.
- Oversees personnel needs of the business units including selection, training, performance evaluations and discipline of employees.
- Ensures safety and compliance with Company, OSHA, WUTC, DOE, SRHD and other standards and regulations. Responsible for investigation and follow up of all injuries, accidents and safety incidents.
- Represents the Company in interactions with local City, Municipal, and County agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, works to renew existing contracts and negotiate new contracts.
This job includes management of first level supervisors and front line workers. This position works collaboratively with other members of management team and human resources to achieve Company goals and implement initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 5 years relevant of work experience
- Experience: In addition to the education requirement, 5 years in a role with supervisory leadership and Profit and Loss responsibilities.
- Experience in a collaborative leadership position involving at least 2 of the following: operations, customer service, community relations, health and safety, financial and human resources functions.
- Experience as a supervisor or manager of employees; experience implementing safety (OSHA) programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and managing budgets, and experience resolving labor relations issues required. Prior experience demonstrating creative and analytical thinking in the implementation of processes and goal achievement.
- OSHA 10/30 and First Aid preferred. Additional safety and management training provided by the company.
- Commercial Driver’s License- must have or obtain upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Possess the ability to select best candidates, coach and develop the best talent
- Process and results oriented with a strong commitment to organizational success
- Skills including: decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior
- Ability to manage multiple sites and lines of business
- Ability to challenge conventional solutions
Compensation and Benefits
Sunshine provides each eligible employee a competitive compensation package. This includes:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance with accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Our employees also receive Paid Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Bereavement Days